Board meeting of January 12, 2013
From Chesapeake Shores HOA
- Jack Caldwell
- Peyton Carr
- Joe Dzikiewicz
- Sonny Fauver
- Dave Norris
- Dave Norris presented the 2012 financial report and the 2013 budget. It is available here. In summary: thanks to the strong response from the members to the assessment covering legal fees, we are on solid financial grounds. Given that we do not anticipate significant legal expenses this year, we can reduce the membership dues back to $100. The board unanimously approved the report and budget.
- The board unanimously approved the reduction of membership dues to $100.
- Dave Norris will put together a package consisting of the financial report/budget and a letter from Peyton soliciting annual dues and will send it to the homeowners.
- We hope to hold the annual member meeting on Saturday, August 31, at 10:30. This is the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.
- The board seats currently held by Sonny Fauver and Joe Dzikiewicz are up for election this year. As a result of this, Sonny cannot chair the election committee this year. We have not yet designated a replacement.
- Publication of the history of the HOA and the issues related to the breakwater project was delayed until after all permits for the breakwaters were granted. This has now occurred. As a result, Joe Dzikiewicz will update the history with the latest developments and will work to publish it to the website by the end of January, 2013. (The history has now been published. It is available here.)
- Our next meeting would normally be scheduled for April, 2013. Unless there is pressing business at that time, we expect that will be an email-only virtual meeting, leaving our next in-person meeting to be July 6, 2013 (the Saturday following July 4).