Board Meeting of December 20, 2014
From Chesapeake Shores HOA
- Peyton Carr - President
- Joe Dzikiewicz - Secretary
- Sonny Fauver - Vice president
- Dave Norris - Treasurer
- Jack Caldwell
- Dave Norris presented the year-end financial report. We are doing well, with no unexpected expenses in 2014. For next year, membership dues will remain at $100 for the year. The board unanimously approved. The report is here.
- Dave will be sending out the financials and request for membership shortly.
- There is some concern that Pritchett Road may require some repairs in the near future. At minimum, the speed bumps will need to be repainted. Chesapeake Shores Road north of Pritchett may also require some work, but that does not come out of HOA funds. However, if it needs work, it probably makes sense to schedule it at the same time. We will investigate further.
- Members of the board have received complaints about dogs hunting on the property. From talking with the game warden, the hunters are within their rights to retrieve the dogs from the property as a property owner has given them permission to drop their dogs off. Therefore, as of now the board cannot do anything about this. More details about the laws regarding hunters can be found in the meeting notes for the annual meeting of 2011 when Jeff McCuistion of the Mathews DGIF spoke. Those notes are here.
- There has been some problems with fires on the beach. Homeowners are reminded that, should they have a fire on the beach, they should make sure the fire is fully extinguished afterwards. It is not sufficient to bury the fire in sand: the fire will keep burning and can later emerge. The fire should be completely doused with water afterwards.
- All members are reminded that there is now room for up to two more board members. We welcome other homeowners who might want to join the board.
- There appears to be some problem with air in the water provided by Aqua Virginia. This results in fizzing in the hot water. Sonny Fauver will talk with them about the water.
- Here are two completely gratuitous pictures of a bald eagle, taken by Joe Dzikiewicz on the marsh road on Sunday, December 21, 2014.