Annual meeting of September 1, 2018
From Chesapeake Shores HOA
The Chesapeake Shores Homeowners Association had its annual meeting on September 1, 2018, at 10:30 at the Norris Annex. A quorum of the homeowners and association members was present. The following information was discussed.
- The Pritchett Road repairs have proceeded smoothly. Phase one is complete. When the gravel has subsided, we still have to get the pavement overlay applied.
- Expenses are largely in line with expenses.
- We got enough donations to cover the Pritchett Road repairs so far (34 of 50 homeowners donated), but need more to add the pavement overlay.
- The Bavon Beach HOA donated $1000 to the Pritchett Road repairs.
- See also the financial statement here: 2018 financials
- Report accepted by acclimation.
- All is well.
- Dave Norris and Peyton Carr were reelected to three year terms.
- Pritchett Road Repairs
- Dave will send out a second mailing to all members. It will include a list of those who have contributed.
- Sonny will draft this letter.
- Breakwater update:
- Because of cost consideration, the project was scaled back.
- This resulted in the bay between breakwaters 3 and 4 (the two northernmost breakwaters)
- The group coordinating the breakwaters are planning on doing a second fundraiser to get more sand which should fill in that bay.
- They are looking to raise $280,000.
- They are hoping to get the Army Corps of Engineers projects that dredge for additional sand to dump that sand on our beach, but there is nothing specifically on the schedule.
- That sand would be dumped along the beach north of the breakwaters.
- Should we raise the dues to set up a reserve fund?
- The members voted to raise the dues to $125 per year.
- What about strangers on the beach?
- If anyone has issues with people trespassing on the beach, that is not an owner or guest, the options are to ask them to leave or to call the Sherriff's office. The HOA has no additional authority that the deeded owners do not have.
- Should we move the meeting?
- We will move the annual meeting to Memorial Day next year. This will allow us to address issues at the beginning of the season.