2012 election procedures
Chesapeake Shores Homeowners Association
Election Ballot and Procedures
July 15, 2012
Dear Fellow CSHOA Members,
Your Board of Directors of the Chesapeake Shores Homeowners Association (BOD) set Saturday, September 1, 2012, at 10:30 A.M. as the date and time for the Association’s Annual Meeting of Owners. The Annual Meeting will be held at the Beulah United Methodist Church, 7505 New Point Comfort Highway (Rt. 14), New Point, Va. 23109.
One primary matter at our annual meetings is the election of owners to serve on the Board of Directors. Currently, a Board of five owners serve staggered terms of one, two, and three years. This election will be for one board position and will be for a term of three years.
The Bylaws of our Association permit that “Members may make additional nominations for each vacancy on the Board of Directors for which no more than one (1) person has been nominated by notifying the Secretary of the name of the additional nominee at least twenty (20) days prior to the date of the election.” Following are guidelines to assist you should you wish to run or nominate another to run:
- Self-nominations are encouraged. All nominees must be in good standing with the Association in accordance with the Bylaws and must agree to volunteer for a three (3) year term prior to being placed on the Ballot.
- As such, nominations from an owner (other than a self-nomination) must include a note, signed by the nominee and addressed to the Secretary of the Association, at the Association’s address of Post Office Box 325, Port Haywood, VA 23138, agreeing to serve a three (3) year term if so elected.
- Self-nominees can call the Secretary of the Association, Joe Dzikiewicz at (703) 922-1789 or write to the Secretary at the above address or email the Secretary at email@example.com to be placed on the Ballot.
- Notice of intent to run for election must be received by the Secretary prior to 5:00 P.M., Sunday, August 12, 2012.
Attached with this letter is a SAMPLE Proxy/Ballot that you may use to submit your vote, or you may use to assign another to vote on your behalf, if you are unable to attend the annual meeting. You will see that there is one name on the ballot that represents the nomination made by the BOD. The Secretary will notify members of any additional floor nominations by August 18, 2011. (Note: This SAMPLE ballot becomes OFFICIAL once the floor nomination process has been completed.) (Note: contact Joe Dzikiewicz to get a sample proxy ballot.)
The election will be generally conducted as follows:
- The Secretary will conduct a roll call to confirm CSHOA membership and to establish that a quorum is present.
- The President will call for the election to be held.
- Election committee members will provide ballots to members as needed.
- The completed ballots will be collected by the Secretary.
- The Election Committee will count the votes and will announce the result.
This information as well as any updates will be displayed on the association web site at http://chesapeakeshoreshoa.com/
Sonny Fauver, Drew Mulhare, Chuck Neff